Tonight was a bittersweet night. I had previously attached my really nice build table with double-sided tape and it stayed on really nicely. However, I failed to plan for the underside supports running into the stepper motor bracket. To fix the problem, I removed the moving platform (it stuck really well!) and then cut off the offending section of support using a Dremel tool and cutting wheel. I had heard that MDF dust was bad for one's lungs, so I held my breath for most of the cutting process. That made it interesting. After I cut through the board, I chiseled it off. My perfect purple platform got scraped a bit, but it will still curtail laser reflections. Pictured is the modified platform.
Additionally, I ordered my Aixiz laser module for heatsinking and protecting my red DVD burner diode. I will hopefully be receiving this. However, I haven't gotten it yet, so that sort of tables work on the laser cutter until the package arrives. :(
As a tiny last bit of work to do, I drilled out an old transistor heatsink to put the Aixiz laser module in for additional cooling. I used a 31/64 bit, which is the closest I could find to the 12mm module diameter. I may add heatsink compound to the module before I slide it in, or I may just use a setscrew to hold it in place.